Monday, August 4, 2008

Enough with winter already

We had such awesome weather the whole weekend, only to wake up to a cold miserable winter’s day today. I really thought winter was over with. I guess there is nothing really I can do about it hey?? Just hoping it clears up for our weekend away that is coming up this Friday.

I’m so tired this morning. DH was up just after 3am. He was supposed to only get up at 4:30am, since he has meetings in Johannesburg today. But for some reason he couldn’t sleep. I still can’t believe how much noise he makes. Toilets flushing, bath water running, doors swinging open and shut. Coughing, more coughing, more coughing. Luckily McK slept through it all. I was only to glad to see him go at 5am, so that I could just get an extra hours sleep….Madness I tell you. If it was me, I would have tip toed around the house and not made peep….

The weekend was so much fun. We spent most of it with our dear friends M&H. Saturday we had a fish braai at their place and played some poker. I’m pretty sure I would have won if H didn’t start nailing us on each round. Good game though!!

Yesterday we met up at this pub which has their own “beach section”. While sitting there you feel like you are on some island. We just needed some breaking waves to complete the scene. All the tables and chairs (seating area) is on beach sand. Makes you want to take off your shoes and play with the sand between your toes. McK had a great time entertaining herself with stones, bags and sand. She was just too cute.

Thanks M&H for such a cool weekend. We needed that little distraction. Of course this weekend coming up is going to be fantastic too. If this weather will just play along.

On the TTC front, I don’t know hey…… It’s not going to happen this month. I don’t know when I Oed, and we have definitely missed the boat. So I don’t think we stand any chance at all. And I’m ok with that. It’s going to be a welcomed change not to be obsessing. So hello 2ww….. I won’t be taking too much notice of you…..

Our Making Babies Network is also growing nicely. Although I would really like to see more members soon. Please visit Making Babies to register.... :)

0 comments: