Wednesday, October 7, 2009

2nd, 3rd etc..... future mommies to be

To those of you who are TTC your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc etc babies. I have a few questions….

How long did you TTC with your first (previous) kiddies?

It took us 10 months TTC McK. I left my BCP the day I got married Almost 10 months to the day I got my first ever BFP.

Your first TTC attempts, were you just going with the flow or actually into the whole charting/temping/POAS thing?

I didn’t even know about BBT back then. Hell, I wasn’t even checking my CM. LOL. Odd I know. But back then I was a “TTC Virgin”.

If it wasn’t for the internet would you still be a crazed TTC addict (and I mean that in the nicest way)?

The internet ruined my naïve approach to life you could say. But also taught me valuable information and compassion to TTC and infertility. I don’t think I would have been so obsessed about TTC if I wasn’t a Google freak.

How long have you been TTC your 2nd, 3rd etc etc?

We were just over our 3 year TTC our 2nd when we surrendered for obvious reasons.

Did you think it would take longer or shorter than your first TTC attempt?

Of course, I really thought 10 months was for ever!! I tripled that and more, very disappointing as I really thought hey we have one what could be so hard the next time round.

When you started off TTC your next baby, did you have a gender preference this time around?

I was so excited, I just wanted a boy!! For the first year, it was boy boy boy… from then I just didn’t care, I just wanted a baby.

Go on, leave me a comment with your answers! (Or add any questions you would like to "read" about)....


2 comments:

Karien said...

How long did you TTC with your first (previous) kiddies?

4 and a half years from going off BCP to getting our long awaited BFP.

Your first TTC attempts, were you just going with the flow or actually into the whole charting/temping/POAS thing?

At first just going with the flow (apart from POAS at least 6 times a month, every single month) until I realised nothing was happening. Then did the whole BBT/OPT thing, which was complete useless as I don't ovulate...

If it wasn’t for the internet would you still be a crazed TTC addict (and I mean that in the nicest way)?

Kids are my life! I would've been a crazed TTC addict even if no internet existed (I would then just have thought I am all alone in the whole wide world and completely nuts!).

How long have you been TTC your 2nd, 3rd etc etc?

Since I stopped breastfeeding and went off the mini-pill (February 2009), I have not been on BCP. As we're buggered both ways, we'll probable have to go the treatment route again and we'll be looking at that next year sometime (not yet decided exactly when).

Did you think it would take longer or shorter than your first TTC attempt?

Seeing as we now know our 'weaknesses' so to speak, we know exactly which route to follow this time round. We were lucky enough to fall pregnant with our first ICSI, hoping that the second one will also be successful.

When you started off TTC your next baby, did you have a gender preference this time around?

It really doesn't matter! Can I put in an order for twins, though?

kyrstyn said...

expressing yourself is one the great thing about the internet world, you can help someone with your situation or vice-versa.